Sunday, January 31, 2010

Totally Anti Nuclear

I am completely anti nuclear power, just in case anyone was wondering. I just wanted to make that clear.

I think producing nuclear power is up there with people shooting at each other in boats or airplanes - suicidal. At least when people shoot at each other on the ground, they aren't going to fall out of the sky afterwards, or sink into the water.

I have been thinking about this because of the recent earthquake in Haiti, and all the costly damage it caused.
Earthquakes break things - it's just their nature- buildings, anything stationary that doesn't like to shake a lot, like nuclear waste containers for example.
Chances are good that the earth will experience a few serious earthquakes where nuclear waste is being stored - at least sometime in the next few million years. Too bad for anyone living around those sites whenever that happens, and then for the next millenia.

This is just one reason why I think producing nuclear energy is short sighted.
I just had to get that off my chest!

No comments: