Sunday, April 11, 2010

Generate my own power

I really wish I knew how to build my own generator to use my elliptical, or the toys my kids play on, to generate electricity for my house. That would be a dream come true. I could buy a solar panel, or a wind generator, but what about these other things that I already use in my household?

On a positive note, I bought a solar oven a few months ago. I LOVE using it. I don't have to use any electricity whatsoever to cook my food (whenever the sky is clear)! Having an alternatively fueled... something...in my ownership has been one of my ambitions since 7th grade shop class with Mr. Hilliard. That is where I first learned about alternative energy, and absolutely fell in love. But up until this year, I hadn't fulfilled the dream!

I still won't be perfectly happy until I own my own solar/electric vehicle. My ideal solar/electric vehicle would be a Hummer. Someday maybe..., or maybe not.

For now, I have to be satisfied to use my awesome oven!

1 comment:

Bryan Williams said...

Very cool. I think cooking is one of the major uses of power anyways, so having a solar oven I think is no small step. I'd love to to see some pictures of it though. Cool idea.